Monday, July 22, 2013

The Great Lakes



 Late yesterday afternoon, I received a last minute invitation to dinner.  Lucky enough I was able to accept and even though it was an hour drive, I was more than happy to go.  The location was at the Catawba Island Club which sets right on Lake Erie.  Our table for the evening was outside on the patio.  As you can see from the picture, my view, especially of the sunset was spectacular.  Being born and raised in Sandusky, Ohio the view of the Lake has always amazed me no matter time of year or type of weather.

I had an opportunity one time to ask a vice president of one of the major cruise lines, "why are there not any cruises available on the Great Lakes?"  The answer was, "how many people would want to visit Cleveland?"  I thought, to myself, you're a vice president and that is the best answer you can come up with. 

Well, I am happy to announce that there is a new cruise line, Pearl Seas Cruises that is going to have a luxury ship on the Great Lakes.  Starting in June 2014 they have several different cruises scheduled from Chicago to Montreal.  There winter schedule will take them to the Caribbean.

While they do not have Cleveland listed in any of their itineraries, there are some fantastic ports of call.  After all, the Caribbean, Mediterranean and Baltic have nothing over on the Great Lakes.  There is something for everyone such as; history, culture, scenery, etc.  I wish Pearl Seas Cruises the best of luck and looking forward to taking a cruise with them myself.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment