Sunday, July 7, 2013

Too Cold in December?


So, I was reading one of my colleagues posting on Facebook and she stated that her client was looking for a warm place to vacation in December.  Apparently, they went to Dominican Republic last December and it was too cold and windy for them.  HMMMM, in December? Oh well! 

However, the posting did remind me of my very first cruise.  It was February 2002.  Winters in Ohio can be very cold and a lot of snow but, most of the time it is gray, overcast, damp, dreary, sloppy and etc.   To get out of Ohio in February is wish most Ohioans have. 

Off to Fort Lauderdale I go with my traveling companion.  We get there and its 90 degrees.  I'm sitting on the back of this huge ship drinking my beverage of choice at the time, Bud Light.  When about a half hour before we where to sail, the captain announced that the departure was going to be delayed because of a mechanical problem.  However, we where not to fret and all the bars where open for free until we departed.  While the delay lasted only 2 hours, I decided right then and there that "This is the Life!" and sailed every year for the next six years in February!  Was it always 90 degrees in Fort Lauderdale in February?  Of course not but, who cares.  I was out of Ohio and even if it was only 65 degrees, the sun was out and it was beautiful!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment